* University of Baltimore – B.S. Degree in Business Administration
* Coppin State College – M.Ed. Degree in Criminal Justice Administration
* Johns Hopkins University – C.A.S.E. Degree in Education
* Junction Bridge Inc. Certificate of Completion in Counseling–
* Johns Hopkins University – Advanced study toward a doctorate in business
* FBI Citizens Academy Completion
* University of Maryland Conflict Resolution Fellow
* University of Maryland’s Conflict Resolution Fellow Advanced Negotiations Training Program.
* Earn Power Business Institution Certification of Completion in Data Processing
* Management Development Institute – Transactional Analysis
* Employee Business Institute – Train the Trainer
* Taught inmates in prison, taught at three different colleges, wrote training curriculum for DSS, DHR, DHMH, Baltimore City Council, Baltimore Police Department, State Police, Fire Department, District Court, the Motor Vehicle Administration, FBI, Department of Labor, agencies nationally and internationally.
* Founder/President/CEO of a multi-million-dollar health care enterprise, employing162 people, found employment for 850 people, trained 2,000 people and launched 75 businesses
* Eleven years in the Maryland General Assembly in the House of Delegates and the Senate.
* Author of six published books
* Worked in private industry, manufacturing, corporate America, City, State and Federal agencies. Beginning at the Municipal Court, I was the first woman and the first African American to hold positions of Deputy Administrator of the District court, the Supreme Bench and the Circuit Court.
* For seven years I was an Adjunct Professor at the Maryland Correctional Institute at Jessup (MCIJ).
* Developed a court clerks program for the District Court, the Supreme Bench and the Department of Corrections. The Baltimore Sun called it the “First in the Nation.”
CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIP
* Member of the Maryland Judicial Professional Training Team
* Consultant: Offenders’ Aid and Restoration Program (OAR)
* Member of the Maryland Association of Professionals Society (MAPS)
* Board Member of the Maryland Association of Affirmative Action Officers.
* Member of the Baltimore County Foster Care Review Board
* Lifetime Member of the NAACP
* Business Trainer and Developer in Lusaka Zambia, Central Africa,
* Former President of the International Personnel Management Association
* Member of the Employee Assistance Professional Association (EAPA)
* Founding Member of the Maryland Health Care Providers Consortium,
* Founding Member of Minority Women Business Owners D.C., Md., & VA.,
* Board Member – the William Smith Outreach Center –Bethel AME Church
* Radio Talk Show Host on WEAA Radio, Morgan State University
* Board Member of the Md. Assoc. of Minority Women in Contracting, Inc.
* Board Member of the Sisters4Sisters Network, Inc.
* Board Member of the Martin Pollack Project, Inc.
* Founding Member of The Greater Baltimore Black Chamber of Commerce,
* Member of the National Council of Negro Women
* Board Member of the FBI Citizen=s Academy Alumni Program
* Board member of The Black Writer’s Guild of Maryland,
* Board member of Learning, Inc.
* Board member of Digit All Systems Inc.,
* Founding member of LITSOM Coalition,
* Former Board Member of Empowerment Temple, Inc.,
* Member of Associated Black Charities Baltimore Small Business Development Ecosystem Advisory Committee,
* Founding Member of The State of Maryland Black Chamber of Commerce,
* Board member of Innovation Village Steering Committee,
* Vice President of Friends of Reservoir Hill Communities Coalition,
* Chair Emeritus of The Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland,
* Board Member of Pimlico Community Development Authority,
- Awarded the Mayor William Donald Schaefer Repeat Offenders Program Experiment (ROPE) Citation
- Featured in the 4th Edition of Personalities of America
- Presented the Key to the City in Memphis, Tennessee
- Presented the Key to the City in Watertown, South Dakota
- Presented the Key to the City in Alexander City, Alabama
- Presented the 100 Black Women Achievement Award
- Presented the Ujma Society Achievement Award
- Presented the Avon/SBA Women of Enterprise Award
- Inducted into the Maryland Women’s Hall of Fame
- Elected Baltimore City WBE/MBE of the Year
- National Business League Honoree
- Honored at the White House by President Bill Clinton
- Presented the SBA Small Business Advocate of the Year Award
- Presented the SBA Welfare to Work Entrepreneur of the Year
- The African American Women in Business (AAWIB) Visionary Award
- the Workforce Development Coalition Creating Self Sufficiency Award
- Breast Cancer Awareness Association Tree of Life Award
- African American Real Estate Professionals, Inc. Passing the Torch Legacy Award,
- National Public Housing Resident’s Association, Inc. Achievement Award
- Black Professional Women, Inc. Distinguished Service Award
- U.S. Department of Justice FBI Black History Month Citation of Achievement
- J.U.G.S. National Achievement Award
- SmartWoman Magazine BRAVO Entrepreneurial Award
- Zonta International, Inc., Woman of the Year Award